Sadly, Mundo Manía is currently closed due to government restrictions, but we hope to open again soon! But just because Christmas is a bit different this year, that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great ways to celebrate the holidays with your kids this year! Check out these fun-filled Christmas activities to do with your kids at home or out and about in Estepona this holiday season! How many can you tick off your Christmas fun list?
- Sing Christmas karaoke. Put your self-consciousness aside and sing some Christmas tunes loud and proud with the kids! YouTube has plenty of karaoke versions of holiday classics that kids and adults know and love – like this one! (Spanish version: https://youtu.be/h9QeORtyq_E)
- Try (kid-friendly) eggnog. Love it or hate it, it’s a Christmas tradition for many and one that’s worth trying for those who haven’t tasted it yet. Try this alcohol-free version for kids and don’t forget to tell us your opinions on it! (Spanish: https://www.mujerdeelite.com/recetas/3481-9/ponche-de-huevo-sin-alcohol)
- Take a silly Christmas outfit selfie with the kids. Let the kids dig through their closets to put together the most over-the-top Christmas outfit they can create, then take plenty of selfies in them to proudly post on social media for some life-long Christmas memories. Don’t forget to send us some so we can feature on our social media pages!
- Read The Night Before Christmas. On December 24, cozy up with the kids for a bedtime story of The Night Before Christmas.
- Decorate a Christmas Tree. For a new twist to this tradition, try decorating a tree outside or put a small tree in the kids’ bedroom and let them decorate it in any theme they like!
- Make a gingerbread house. Simple or elaborate, it’s up to you! Find some great ideas and step-by-step instructions on how to pull this Christmas tradition off at Simple Bites (Spanish: https://www.pequerecetas.com/receta/casita-jengibre/)
- Watch the Nutcracker. Find lots of free streaming events of this Christmas ballet from professional companies here or, for a new twist on the classic, buy tickets to see a livestream version of a Hip Hop Nutcracker from the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
- Sleep under the Christmas tree. Host a magical slumber party and let the kids sleep under the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree.
- Write a letter to Santa or the Three Kings. Need a template? Find them on our website: https://www.mundo-mania.com/drawing-activity-sheets/
- Make Christmas cookies. There’s lots of great kid-friendly recipes out there! Try any (or all!) of those on Weelicious for a festive and fun Christmas treat-making activity this Christmas! (https://saposyprincesas.elmundo.es/recetas/dulces/facil-galletas-de-navidad-para-ninos/)
- Donate food or a toy to kids and families in need. In Estepona, Collective Calling is currently asking for donations to help families this Christmas and will arrange to pick up all your donations, contact-free. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have a family Christmas movie night. Stay inside on a cold winter night with a family movie night! Check out these kid-friendly holiday films. Don’t forget the popcorn! (https://espectadores.net/las-mejores-peliculas-de-navidad-para-ninos/)
- Give someone a gift anonymously. Spread holiday cheer and help teach the real meaning of the holidays by helping your kids leave an anonymous gift on a friend or neighbour’s doorstep.
- Shop at an online Christmas market. Christmas markets are in full swing, if online, this holiday season! Check out the world’s largest at www.christmasmarket2020.com
- Make a Christmas card and send it to your best friend. Find some ideas here. (https://www.handfie.com/15-tarjetas-navidad-diy-originales/01194/)
- Check out the local lights displays. Estepona’s Christmas lights are on and looking beautiful! Go for an evening stroll through town to see them all! Cancelada also has a huge teddy bear in their square!
- Go on a tour of all the nativity scenes set up around town. How many can you find?
- Make a Christmas decoration. Spend an afternoon making beautiful Christmas decorations to make your home festive! Find some crafty ideas for kids here! (http://www.mundoderukkia.com/2017/12/100-manualidades-navidad-ninos.html)
- Have a holiday scavenger hunt. Once your house is decorated for Christmas, send the kids on a scavenger hunt for different Christmas items and see who can find them all first!
- Make a popcorn garland for your tree. Pop some popcorn and make a beautiful decoration that smells lovely, too! Find instructions here (https://www.elbloginfantil.com/manualidades-navidad-guirnalda-palomitas-arbol.html)
- Make paper snowflakes for your windows. Find a ton of templates at The Spruce Crafts. (https://www.firstpalette.com/printable/snowflake.html)
- Drink hot cocoa with marshmallows and whipped cream. There’s no better time than Christmas to let the kids indulge in a cup of hot cocoa piled high with marshmallows and whipped cream!
- Go Christmas caroling. Stay socially distant from your neighbours while still spreading Christmas joy by going door to door singing your favourite Christmas carols with the whole family.
- Eat a candy cane. Simple, but a Christmas classic (try adding it to your hot chocolate!)
- See a traditional (online) Pantomime. This British classic Christmas activity is going online for all to enjoy, no matter where you are in the world! Watch and participate in Goldilocks and The Three Bears or Jack and the Beanstork for free (donations accepted).
- Spy on Santa’s Village. Check out this livestream webcam of Santa’s hometown of Lapland.
- Eat a festive meal at a local restaurant. Lots of local restaurants are hosting festive menus all month long. Ask at your favourite places what they’re planning and support local businesses by eating out this Christmas!
What other festive things will you and your family get up to this Christmas?
From all of us at Mundo Manía, your favourite kids’ play and party centre in Estepona, we wish you a Merry Christmas and hope 2021 brings you joy and happiness.